Cannot Browse Network Neighborhood or My Network Places Using a Dial-Up Connection
- You receive the following error message: The network is not accessible.
Unable to find the device on the network.
- You see only your computer and Entire Network. If you double-click Entire Network, you see your workgroup. If you double-click your workgroup, you see only your computer.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Network, click "File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks" on the Configuration tab, and then click Properties.
- In the Property box, click Browse Master, click Enabled in the Value box, click OK, and then click OK.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to restart your computer.
If a Microsoft Windows NT server is installed on your LAN, itautomatically becomes browse master for your network.
Article ID: 181501 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 08:25:28 - Revision: 1.3
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbnetwork kbprb KB181501