Err Msg: Unable to Open Port
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
When you try to use the Angia Personal Computer Memory Card InternationalAssociation (PCMCIA) modem, you may receive the following error message:
Unable to open port
This behavior can occur because the software included with the AngiaPCMCIA modem alters an entry in the System.ini file.
To resolve this issue, edit the System.ini file to correct the entry thathas been altered. To do so, use the following steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type sysedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- On the Window menu, click System.ini.
- In the [Boot] section of System.ini, edit the "Comm.drv=" line to read:
- On the File menu, click Save, and then quit System Configuration Editor.
- Restart your computer.
The third-party product discussed in this article is manufactured by avendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied orotherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
HWMODEM HWPORTS HWPCMCIA 95 pccard
Article ID: 181755 - Last Review: 06/22/2014 18:48:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Windows 95
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB181755