OLEXP: How to Copy an Outlook Express WAB to Another Computer
This article was previously published under Q182833
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to copy the Windows Address Book (WAB) from onecomputer to another.
To copy the WAB from one computer to another, use the following steps:
- Start Outlook Express on the computer that has the WAB you want to copy, point to Export on the File menu, and then click Address Book.
- Click Text File (Comma Separated Values), and then click Export.
- Type a descriptive name in the Save Exported File As box, click Browse, click a floppy drive in the Save In box, and then click Save.
- Click Next, click the appropriate check boxes to select the fields you want to export in the "Select the fields you wish to export" box, and then click Finish.
- Quit Outlook Express, and then insert the floppy disk in the computer you want to copy the WAB to.
- Start Outlook Express on the computer you want to copy the WAB to, point to Import on the File menu, and then click Address Book.
NOTE: To import a comma-separated file in Outlook Express 5, point to Import on the File menu, click Other Address Book, click "Text File (Comma Separated Values)," and then click Import. Skip to step 8.
- Click Text File (Comma Separated Values), and then click Import.
- Click Browse, click the appropriate floppy drive in the Look In box, click the file name you typed in step 3, click Open, and then Next.
- Click the appropriate check boxes to select the fields you want to import in the "Map the fields you wish to import" box, and then click Finish.
- If you receive a message "Would you like to replace the existing entry with the import entry?," click Yes To All to replace all duplicate entries, and then quit Outlook Express.
For additional information, please see the following article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
175017 How to Import and Export Address Books in Outlook Express
oe4faq oe5faq 4.00
Article ID: 182833 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 08:29:50 - Revision: 4.2
Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0, Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0, Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0, Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01, Microsoft Outlook Express 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB182833