FP97: Removing Left Over Files After Uninstalling FrontPage
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 98 version of this article, see 194451
When you attempt to uninstall FrontPage, some components are not removed.This article describes how to uninstall FrontPage and completely remove anyfiles that are left behind.
To completely uninstall FrontPage, follow these steps:
- Uninstall FrontPage.
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Install/Uninstall tab.
- Select the version of Microsoft FrontPage that you want to remove and click Add/Remove.
NOTE: This will also remove all server extensions on all ports.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- Delete any remaining files left behind after uninstalling FrontPage by following these steps:
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Find, and click Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type FP20*.*.
- In the Look In list, select the drive where you originally installed FrontPage.
- Click to select the Include Subfolders check box.
- Click Find Now.
- Delete any files found.
NOTE: If you are using Windows NT 4.0, you must first shut down any Internet services that may be running.
- Repeat steps b through f if you have multiple disk drives on your computer. In step c, specify another hard disk (such as drive D) where you may have FrontPage files.
- Repeat steps a-g.
NOTE: In step b, search for the following three files:
- Close the Find All Files dialog box.
- Delete the FrontPage folder.
NOTE: If you created any custom templates, wizards, or themes, and you want to keep them, move them to a new folder before you delete the FrontPage folder.
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Select the FrontPage folder and press DELETE. By default, FrontPage is installed in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage folder.
"To Install Microsoft FrontPage 97," Microsoft FrontPage 97 CD jewel caseinsert.
Article ID: 182876 - Last Review: 06/22/2014 18:52:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbsetup KB182876