This articles describes how to uninstall and reinstall the ActiveMovie
component from Internet Explorer.
ActiveMovie is now a component of DirectShow. Because of this, you can not
uninstall this component by using the Add/Remove Programs tool. To
uninstall and reinstall the ActiveMovie component from Internet Explorer,
use the following steps:
: The following steps also uninstall DirectShow, but DirectShow is
reinstalled when you reinstall ActiveMovie.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
NOTE: There are no spaces in this command except for 1 space after
unamie4.exe, and you must type this command on one line.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0,
and then click Add/Remove.
- In the Internet Explorer 4.0 Active Setup dialog box, click "Add a
component to Internet Explorer", and then follow the instructions on
the screen to connect to the Internet Explorer 4.0 Component Download
- Click the DirectShow check box to select it, and then follow the
instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
Article ID: 183351 - Last Review: June 22, 2014 - Revision: 5.0
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.