Error Message: Can Not Delete Thumbs: Access Is Denied
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to empty the Recycle Bin, you may receive the followingerror message:
Can not delete Thumbs: Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.
This behavior can occur when the following conditions exist:
- You delete a folder for which you have enabled Thumbnail view.
- You are viewing the contents of the folder in Windows Explorer when you delete it.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Close Windows Explorer, and then empty the Recycle Bin.
- In Windows Explorer, click another folder to view its contents, and then empty the Recycle Bin.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows 98.
When this behavior occurs, the folder is not deleted from the Recycle Bin,but the contents of the folder are deleted.
Article ID: 185698 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 01:47:39 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb KB185698