Description of the Dr. Watson (Drwatson.exe) Tool
This article describes the Dr. Watson diagnostic tool included in Windows 98 and Windows Millennium Edition (Me).
Dr. Watson is a diagnostic tool that gathers information about yourcomputer when a problem occurs with a program. The information gatheredby Dr. Watson is called a snapshot. The snapshot includes informationthat:
- Identifies the program that has a problem.
- Offers a detailed description of the cause.
- May provide a resolution for the problem.
A Dr. Watson icon appears on the taskbar after you start Dr. Watson. Youcan create a snapshot using Dr. Watson by right-clicking the Dr. Watsonicon on the taskbar, and then clicking Dr. Watson. To start Dr. Watson,follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Information.
- On the Tools menu, click Dr. Watson.
If you want to start Dr. Watson automatically when your computer starts,create a Dr. Watson shortcut in your Startup group. For information abouthow to create a shortcut in your Startup group, click Start
, click Help
,click the Index
tab, type shortcuts
, and thendouble-click the Adding to the Startup Menu
for other considerations.
Article ID: 185837 - Last Review: 06/22/2014 18:56:00 - Revision: 2.0