Error Message: Unable to Initialize Graphics
This article was previously published under Q186089
When you attempt to start Logical Journey Of The Zoombinis, your screenmay become distorted, and you may receive the following error message:
Unable to initialize graphics.
This behavior can occur if you are using more than 256 colors. LogicalJourney Of The Zoombinis cannot be run using a color depth higher than 256colors.
To resolve this behavior, set the color depth to 256 colors. To do so,follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Colors box, click 256 Colors, and then click OK.
- If you are prompted to restart your computer or apply the new settings without restarting your computer, click "Apply the new color settings without restarting," and then click OK.
The Logical Journey Of The Zoombinis is designed to run in MicrosoftWindows 3.1 using 256 colors.
The Logical Journey Of The Zoombinis is manufactured by Broderbund, avendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied orotherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Article ID: 186089 - Last Review: 01/23/2007 15:47:25 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- kb3rdparty kbdisplay kbprb KB186089