General Protection Fault Using Procomm Plus Version 4.0
This article was previously published under Q187360
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe the error message that you are receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view more articles that describe error messages:
Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
When you attempt to view a Web page using the Web browser included withProcomm Plus version 4.0, you may receive a general protection (GP) faultin the Kernel32.dll file.
To work around this issue, use Internet Explorer included with Windows 98instead of the Web browser included with Procomm Plus version 4.0. To doso, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Dial-Up Networking.
- Double-click the Dial-Up Networking connection for your Internet service provider (ISP).
- When you are connected to your ISP, click Start, point to Programs, point to Internet Explorer, and then click Internet Explorer.
For information about a possible resolution to this issue, contactQuarterDeck.
The third-party product discussed in this article is manufactured by avendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied orotherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
98 gpf kernel32 dll
Article ID: 187360 - Last Review: 01/09/2015 10:49:21 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbgpf kbkern32dll kbprb KB187360