"Your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls" error message occurs when you try to view the MSN Money Investing Web page
This article was previously published under Q187604
When you download the ActiveX controls that are required to display the MSN Money Investing Web page, you may receive the following error message:
Your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controlsAdditionally, you may see a red X where you expect to see the ActiveX controls.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
165954 You receive a "The servers are currently unavailable" error message or you see a red "X" instead of the Investment Toolbox Portfolio when you try to install the Investment Toolbox at MSN MoneyNote When Microsoft updates the MSN Money Investing controls, you must download the new versions before the controls work.
This issue may occur if the security setting in Microsoft Internet Explorer is configured too high. Alternatively, this issue may occur if some third-party firewall or security program is restricting access.
To resolve this issue, reduce the security settings for the MSN Money Web site in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
- In the Select a Web content zone to specify its security settings box, click Trusted sites, and then click Sites.
- Click to clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
- In the Web sites: box, type the following Web addresses:http://moneycentral.msn.comhttp://download.microsoft.com
- Click Add, click OK, and then click OK to close Internet Options.
For more information about hardware and software vendor contact information, visit the following Microsoft Web site: -
MoneyCentral investor 6.00 kbimu INV 29995 Security Content
رقم الموضوع: 187604 - آخر مراجعة: 03/22/2007 16:42:58 - المراجعة: 5.5
MSN Money, MSN Money Plus
- kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB187604