FIX: The result of the SectionPages field or NumPages field does not print correctly in Word 2000
This article was previously published under Q189175
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The result of the SectionPages field or NumPages field is printed incorrectly although it is displayed correctly on the screen.
NOTE: This problem occurs when the SectionPages or NumPages field is placed inside the header or footer. This problem also occurs when you use the Page X of Y AutoText entry.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install the Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update
To temporarily work around this problem, do one of the following methods before you print your document:NOTE
: After you perform one of the workarounds, update the SectionPages or NumPages field before you print your document by doing one of the following:
- Right-click the SectionPages or NumPages field that is not updating and click Update Field on the shortcut menu.
- On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Print tab, click to select the Update fields check box and then click OK.
Method 1: Turn off Show/Hide
To turn off Show/Hide
, do one of the following:
- On the Standard toolbar, click Show/Hide. If the Standard toolbar is missing, point to Toolbars on the View menu and click to select Standard.
- On the Tools menu, click Options. On the View tab, click to clear the All check box, and then click OK.
Method 2: Turn on Reverse Print Order
On the Tools
menu, click Options
. On the Print
tab, click to select the Reverse print order
check box, and then click OK
Method 3: Turn off Background Printing
Turn off Background Printing
and then update the field before you print your document. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Print tab.
- Click to clear the Background Printing check box.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
wrong broke doesn't won't isn't incorrect section page number
Article ID: 189175 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 08:55:16 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfix kbfield kbprint kbbug kbqfe KB189175