Err Msg: SPOOL32 Caused a General Protection Fault in Module...
This article was previously published under Q190825
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe the error message that you are receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view more articles that describe error messages:
Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
When you attempt to print to a Canon MultiPASS Multifunction printer, youmay receive one of the following error messages:
SPOOL32 caused a General Protection Fault in module <unknown> at <address>.
SPOOL32 caused an Invalid Page Fault in module <unknown> at <address>.
SPOOL32 caused a Stack Fault in module <unknown> at <address>.
These error messages can occur if the Exclusive Port Control check box isselected in Canon's MultiPASS Desktop Manager tool.
To resolve this behavior, use either of the following methods:
Clear the Exclusive Port Control check box by following these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click MultiPASS Desktop Manager.
- On the File menu, click Preferences.
- Click the Exclusive Port Control check box to clear it, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Disable Enhanced Metafile (EMF) spooling by following these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- Right-click your Canon printer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Details Tab, and then click Spool Settings.
- In the Spool Data Settings box, click RAW.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
Article ID: 190825 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 02:37:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbgpf kbinvalidpagefault kbprb kbprint KB190825