Fatal Exception 0E at 0028:c028bac6 in VXD Vwin32(05)...
This article was previously published under Q190915
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe the error message that you are receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view more articles that describe error messages:
Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
When you start your computer after upgrading to Windows 98, you mayreceive one or more of the following error messages:
Fatal Exception 0E at 0028:c028bac6 in VXD Vwin32(05)+0000281a
dmistart timed out waiting for INITCOMPLETE message from c:\program files\intel\ldcm\win32sl.exe -i -r
ia error, ..\..\dmispio.cpp::320 unable to register with service provider.
Microsoft visual C++ runtime library:
runtime error! c:\program files\intel\ldcm\ci\ia\ciamngr.exe
abnormal program termination.
dmistart caused an IPF in module dmistart.exe at 015f:00401a0c
You may also receive a series of "Invalid page fault" error messagesin files with the ._ac extension.
This behavior can occur if your computer automatically starts the third-party Desktop Management Interface (DMI) Start utility.
To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of the DMIStart utility to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue.
To work around this issue, disable the DMIStart utility:
- Restart the computer. Press and hold down the CTRL key until the Windows 98 Startup menu appears, and then choose Safe Mode.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Information.
- On the Tools menu, click System Configuration Utility.
- On the Startup tab, click to clear the check box next to DMIStart.
- Click OK. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
win32sl dll ciamngr ac
Article ID: 190915 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 01:54:15 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbenv kberrmsg kbfatalexerr0e kbinvalidpagefault kbprb KB190915