DSS80: Cannot Start Equalizer Control from Help File
This article was previously published under Q191631
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to start the Equalizer Control program from the AdjustThe Master Volume section of the Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 Helpfile, the Equalizer Control program may not start.
This behavior can occur if the Mssndsys.chm file is not located in thesame folder as the Digital Sound System 80 software.
To resolve this issue, move the Mssndsys.chm file into the Digital SoundSystem 80 folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type "mssndsys.chm" (without quotation marks), and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files, right-click the Mssndsys.chm file, and then click Cut.
- Close the Find: Files Named Mssndsys.chm window.
- Open the Digital Sound System 80 folder on the hard disk. The default path to this folder is
<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Microsoft Digital Sound where <drive> is the hard disk on which Windows is installed.
- Right-click inside the Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 folder, and then click Paste.
The Mssndsys.chm file is the Help file for the Microsoft Digital SoundSystem 80 software.
dss-80 change balance levels
Article ID: 191631 - Last Review: 01/06/2015 03:39:59 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 1.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB191631