XL97: How to Create a Pie Of Pie Chart or a Bar Of Pie Chart
This article was previously published under Q192063
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to create a Pie Of Pie chart or Bar Of Pie chartin Microsoft Excel 97.
You can use a Pie Of Pie chart or a Bar Of Pie chart to graphicallyrepresent one component of a pie chart. The total value of one slice willbe represented by multiple slices of another pie or by bars of a column.The data that is representing another value needs to be the last items ofthe data range.
The following example creates a Bar Of Pie chart. The first four items ofdata add up to 100% and the last three values represent the total for thecategory Stocks (the fourth piece of the pie).
A1: Cash B1: 5% A2: Bonds B2: 20% A3: Other Investments B3: 15% A4: Stocks B4: 60% A5: U.S. Stocks B5: 20% A6: Canadian Stocks B6: 10% A7: European Stocks B7: 30%
Before you create the Bar Of Pie chart, you should remove (or hide) thedata representing the total value of the pie slice that will be broken downfrom the data range. In this example, you should remove row four (Stocks)from the data. You will use the values below row four to represent thecategory Stocks.
The new data range with the fourth row hidden will appear as follows:
A1: Cash B1: 5% A2: Bonds B2: 20% A3: Other Investments B3: 15% A5: U.S. Stocks B5: 20% A6: Canadian Stocks B6: 10% A7: European Stocks B7: 30%
To create this Bar Of Pie chart, follow these steps:
- Select A1:B7. On the Insert menu, click Chart.
- In the Chart Wizard, Step 1 of 4, for Chart type, click Pie. For Chart sub-type, click Bar Of Pie. Click Next.
- In the Chart Wizard, Step 2 of 4, for Series In, click Columns. You may click Finish to create the chart.
- To ensure that the last three values are represented in the Bar, click either the Pie or the Bar to select the entire data series. On the Format menu, click Selected Data Series. Click Options. Change the number in the "Second plot contains the last: values" box to 3. Click OK.
For more information about creating a pie chart, click Contents And Indexon the Help menu, click the Index tab in Excel 97 Help, type thefollowing text
pieand then double-click the selected text to go to the "Create a pie chart"topic. If you are unable to find the information you need, ask the OfficeAssistant.
XL97 exploding pie
Article ID: 192063 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 09:12:38 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbchart kbhowto KB192063