3Com 3c905b Prevents Write of Memory.dmp
This article was previously published under Q192250
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If a blue screen is encountered in Windows NT, a memory dump will not begenerated if Windows NT has a 3Com Fast Etherlink/Etherlink XL PCIBusmaster NIC (3c905b) installed.
This problem occurs with the 3c905b assembly rev 03-0172. Assembly rev 03-0152 of the 3c905b does not cause this problem. The assembly revision canbe found in the upper left hand corner of the card.
The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by vendorsindependent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,regarding these products' performance or reliability.
3Com has confirmed this behavior and is currently working on the problem.
Article ID: 192250 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 17:42:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB192250