A new feature of Outlook 2000 is the ability to create a
distribution list from your Contacts list, and store that distribution list
in the Contacts folder. This article describes how to create such a
Creating a contacts distribution list is a two-step process. The first step
is to decide where you will store the distribution list. You
can save it in an Address Book or in your Contacts folder. The second step
is to add your contacts to the list.
The following example demonstrates how to set up a distribution list in
your Contacts folder.
Define the Distribution List
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book to open your Address Book.
- In the Show Names from the list, click Contacts.
- On the File menu, click New Entry, or click the New Entry button on
- Under Select the entry type, click New Distribution List.
- Under Put this Entry, click In The Contacts. This selection
determines where your new distribution list is saved. This is the
- Click OK. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the
Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list form opens. At this point, you can begin adding contacts to your new distribution list, as outlined in the following section.
Add Contacts to Your New Distribution List
- In the Name box, type the name of your new distribution list.
- Click the Select Members button to add members from any of your Address
Book entries or Contacts.
- Click Save And Close to save the new distribution list.
The name of the distribution list appears bold as compared to the other entries in the contact folder. In table views, the distribution list name appears in the Fill Name
field. You can view the members of the list by opening the entry.
Article ID: 192414 - Last Review: November 6, 2003 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition