"Fatal Exception 0D" Using ATI All-in-Wonder Pro Video Adapter
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
After you install the ATI All-In-Wonder Pro video adapter drivers version5.0 or later provided by ATI, you may receive the following error messageon a blue screen:
A Fatal Exception 0D has occurred. Press any key to continue.
This behavior can occur when either of the following conditions exists:
- You are using a program written to use features of the Windows 3.x 16- bit video device drivers that are no longer available in the 32-bit video device drivers used in Windows 98/Me.
- You are using a program that installs an older version of a multimedia program.
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method:
- Contact ATI Technical Support to obtain the appropriate drivers for your ATI All-In-Wonder Pro video adapter.
- Contact the program's manufacturer to inquire about a possibleupdate to address this issue.
To work around this behavior, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer in Safe mode. For information about how to start your computer in Safe mode, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Start a Windows 98-Based Computer in Safe Mode
- Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
- Click the System.ini tab, double-click the [boot] branch to expand it, and then right-click Display.drv=Pnpdrvr.drv.
- Click Clear, click OK, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart your computer.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Click Select, click OK, and then click No when you are prompted to restart your computer.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display, click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
- Click the Adapter tab, click Change, click Next, and then click "Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want."
- Click Next, click the ATI All-In-Wonder Pro dated 5/11/98.
- Click Next, click Next, and then click Finish.
- Click Apply, click Close, and then restart your computer.
HWDISEM Display drv Pnpdrvr
Article ID: 192803 - Last Review: 06/22/2014 19:16:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbappcompatibility kberrmsg kbfatalexerr0d kbprb KB192803