How to Open Any Text Document In Notepad Quickly
This article was previously published under Q193717
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to create a shortcut to Notepad.exe in theWindows\SendTo folder so that you can right-click any text file, and thenclick Notepad to open the file in Notepad. You can use this method to openfiles quickly with Notepad.
To create a shortcut to Notepad.exe in the Windows\SendTo folder, followthese steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- In the left pane, double-click the Windows folder, and then click the SendTo folder.
- In the right pane, right-click an empty spot, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
- Click Browse, double-click the Windows folder, double-click Notepad.exe, click Next, and then click Finish.
NOTE: If you open a file that is not a text file, you may not be able toread the file in Notepad.
Article ID: 193717 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 09:23:39 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition, Microsoft Windows 95
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB193717