FP98: How to Insert a PowerPoint Presentation into a Web Page
This article was previously published under Q194104
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 2000 version of this article, see 198073.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 97 version of this article, see 180379.
This article describes how to insert a PowerPoint presentation into your Web page using Microsoft FrontPage 98.
Before you can use all the features described in this article, you must have the following programs installed:
- Microsoft FrontPage 98 -and-
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97
- Save your PowerPoint presentation as a PowerPoint animation file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- On the File menu, click Save As HTML.
- Click Next three times.
- Click PowerPoint Animation, and click Next.
- Click Next six times.
- In the Folder box, type "C:\My Documents" (without the quotation marks), and then click Finish.
NOTE: The PowerPoint Animation will be saved with the file name Pres0.ppz in a folder with the same name as the PowerPoint animation you have open.
- Import the PowerPoint animation into your FrontPage Web. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your Web in FrontPage Explorer.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Click Add File.
- Select the Pres0.ppz file you created in step 1 and click Open.
NOTE: The default location is C:\My Documents.
- Click OK.
- Open your Web page in FrontPage Editor.
- On the Insert menu, point to Advanced, and then click ActiveX Control.
- In the Pick A Control list, click Microsoft PowerPoint Animation.
- Set the Width to 320 and the Height to 240.
- Click Browse.
- Click pres0.ppz and click OK. Click OK again.
- Click Save on the File menu.
98 PPT PPZ PowerPoint animation slide slides slideshow show
Article ID: 194104 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 09:27:31 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft FrontPage 98 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdownload kbhowto KB194104