This article describes how to set up the CompuServe POP3/SMTP mail server
with Microsoft Outlook 2000, Corporate or Workgroup installation.
CompuServe provides POP3/SMTP mail support. To set up the POP3/SMTP mail
server for Outlook, follow these steps:
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings,
and then click Control Panel. Double-click the Mail icon.
- If there are no services listed, click Add. Otherwise, click Show Profiles, and then click Add. Click to select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Enter a name for your profile, and then click Next. Click Setup Mail Account.Type a name for your Mail account. Type the user information. It is not necessary to enter information in the Reply Address box, unless you receive replies to your e-mail at a different e-mail address.
- Click the Servers tab and type smtp.compuserve.com in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) box. If you received a different SMTP address from CompuServe, use that instead.
- In the Incoming Mail (POP3) box, type pop.compuserve.com. If you have received a different POP3 address from CompuServe, use that instead.
- Click to select Log on using Secure Password Authentication. This enables you to access your mailbox with the added security provided by CompuServe's Virtual Key - RPA. If you prefer, you can use your mail-only password instead.
- Click the Connection tab and select the appropriate connection type:
If you connect using a local area network, click I use a LAN Connection.
If you connect using a modem and the CompuServe connection, click I use a modem to access my e-mail, and then click to select CompuServe in "Use the following Dial-Up Networking connection." If you connect using a modem and you want to use a different Internet Service Provider (ISP), select it from the list. If an appropriate connection does not exist, you can create one by using the Add button. Click OK.
- Click the Delivery tab. If there are multiple Internet Service Providers listed, select the Internet Mail information service you want to use as your primary mail service.
- Click Up until the ISP you have selected as your primary mail service is at the top of the list, and then click OK.
Article ID: 195789 - Last Review: October 11, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinfo kbsetup kbconfig KB195789|