OL2000: Outlook Newsreader Shortcut Not in Start Menu
This article was previously published under Q195798
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you upgrade from Microsoft Outlook 98 to Microsoft Outlook 2000, youmay not see the Microsoft Outlook Newsreader shortcut in the Windows Startmenu.
Outlook 2000 installation removes the Microsoft OutlookNewsreader shortcut from the Start menu.
To launch the Outlook Newsreader from within Outlook, click Go To on theView menu, and then click News.
You can manually create a shortcut for the NewsReader and place it in theWindows Start menu. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Taskbar and Start Menu.
- On the Start Menu Programs tab, click Add.
- For the Command line, type (including the quotes):
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews NOTE: If you installed Internet Explorer into a directory other than the default location, use that path instead.
- Click Next twice.
- For the name of the shortcut, type "Microsoft Outlook Newsreader" without the quotes.
- Click Finish and OK.
OL2K reader missing gone
Article ID: 195798 - Last Review: 10/11/2013 15:42:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB195798