Works: How to Change the Default Folder in Which Files Are Saved
This article was previously published under Q196216
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to change the default folder in which yourMicrosoft Works files are saved.
To change the default folder in which your Works files are saved, followthese steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Taskbar or Taskbar & Start Menu.
- Click the Start Menu Programs tab, and then click Advanced.
- In the All Folders pane, double-click the Programs folder.
- In the right pane, double click the Microsoft Works folder.
- Right-click the Microsoft Works program shortcut, and then click Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, and then type the path to the new default folder in the Start In box.
For example, if you want Works to save files in the C:\Personal Files folder, type the following line in the Start In box:
- Click OK, and then close Windows Explorer.
4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a w_works working directory modify
Article ID: 196216 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 15:40:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbhowto kbinfo KB196216