PRB: SP3 Clients Cannot Change Passwords - Error C00000BE
This article was previously published under Q196289
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If all of the following conditions are true, you may receive the followingerror message:
Unable to change password on this account (C00000BE).
- The clients are Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3
- The domain controllers are Windows NT 4 with Service Pack 4
- You are required to change your password the next time you log on (it has expired or the administrator has selected the User Must Change Password at Next Logon check box).
- You have installed the Restrict Anonymous hotfix from Q143474.
For additional information about this hotfix, see the following article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
TITLE : Restricting Information Available to Anonymous Logon Users
To resolve this problem, update the clients to the latest service pack.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT version 4.0Service Pack 3.
Article ID: 196289 - Last Review: 10/11/2013 15:47:32 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition, Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug KB196289