The Banner Ad Manager is a component that uses transition effects
and displays a series of pictures for a given number of seconds. Banner ads
may be used as advertisement banners or simply to display a series of
The Banner Ad Manager relies on compiled Java files called ".class" files.
These files (fprotate.class and fprotatx.class) are stored in the _fpclass
folder of the current Web. The files are downloaded and executed by the
browser (client-side). They are viewable only in Microsoft Internet
Explorer, version 3.0, or later and other Java-enabled Web browsers.
Creating a Banner Advertisement in FrontPage 2000
- In FrontPage, create or open a Web page.
- On the Insert menu, point to Component, and then click
Banner Ad Manager.
- In the Banner Ad Manager dialog box, click Add.
- In the "Add Picture for Banner Ad" dialog box, click "Select a file on
NOTE: You can also select a picture by clicking "Use your Web Browser to select a page or file," by clicking Clip Art, or by selecting a file
from one of the folders in the current Web.
- In the Select File dialog box, select the picture you want and then click
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each picture you want to use in the banner.
- In the Transition Effect drop-down list, click the transition effect
you want to use.
- In the "Show each picture for (seconds)" box, type the number of seconds
that each picture should display in the banner ad.
- In the Link To box, type the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) for the
page you want to open when the picture is clicked in a Web browser. Or,
click Browse, select the file or URL you want, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save.
- Click the Preview In Browser button on the Standard toolbar to see a
preview of how the banner will appear in your Web browser.
NOTE: Each of the pictures you selected in the Banner Ad Manager dialog box
should appear in the Web browser with the transition effect and within the
time you specified. When you click one of the pictures, the browser will open the Web page or file you specified in the Link To box.
For more information about Banner Ad Manager, click Microsoft FrontPage Help
on the Help
menu, type banner
in the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topic.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 98 version of this article, see 173438
Article ID: 196546 - Last Review: October 25, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB196546|