It is possible to set up a PowerPoint presentation so that it will print as
handout pages, with 3 slides per page, but not print the notes lines.
To set up a PowerPoint presentation, so that you can print 3 slides per
handout page, follow these steps:
- Insert a blank slide at the end of your presentation.
- From the Slide Show menu, click Custom Shows.
- Click New, and type the name of the custom show in Slide Show Name box.
- Insert the first active slide in your presentation (Slide 1) as slide 1
in the custom presentation.
- Set the blank slide that you added in step 1 as slide 2 in your custom
- Set the next active slide in your custom presentation.
- Set the blank slide, you added in step 1 as the next slide in
your custom presentation.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all the slides in your original presentation
have been inserted into the custom presentation.
- Click OK, and click Close.
To print the presentation handouts, follow these steps:
- From the File menu, click Print.
- Click Custom Show, and click the name of the custom show setup in step
4 from the list.
- In the Print What list, click Handouts (6 slides per page).
- Click OK, to print your handouts.
Article ID: 196811 - Last Review: October 3, 2002 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint 98 for Macintosh
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.