OL2000: Multiple Personal Address Book Imports Cause Duplicates
This article was previously published under Q196997
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Multiple imports of the Personal Address Book (PAB) into the sameMicrosoft Outlook 2000 Contacts folder, generate duplicate Contact entries.
There is no option in the Personal Address Book Import Wizard to modifythe handling of duplicate items. The default allows duplicates.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- On the File menu, click Import And Export.
- Click "Import from another program or file," and click Next.
- Click Personal Address Book and click Next.
- Click the destination folder for the imported Contact items and click Next.
- Click Finish.
This sets up a Contact record for each Personal Address Book entry in theselected Contacts folder. Repeating the previous steps and choosing thesame destination folder, duplicates the Contact records.
Article ID: 196997 - Last Review: 10/25/2013 22:06:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB196997