WD2000: How to Automatically Scroll While Reading Document
To control the speed and direction that Word scrolls through your document,move your mouse. In the vertical scroll bar of your document window, largearrow heads indicate the direction of scrolling. The farther away fromthe center of the vertical scroll bar these arrows are moved, the fasteryour document scrolls.
To stop the automatic scrolling of your document, either click once withyour mouse, or press the ESC key on your keyboard.
NOTE: Automatic scrolling of your document cannot be used when you areediting, typing, or selecting text. If you attempt to make changes in thedocument, the AutoScroll command is stopped. If you switch away from youractive document (for example, use ALT+TAB keys to switch to anotherapplication), the AutoScroll command is stopped.
To Add the AutoScroll Command
- Start Word and a new, blank document. If you want this command to be available for certain documents, open the template for those documents.
- On the Tools menu, click Customize.
- On the Commands tab, under Categories, select All Commands.
- Under Commands, select AutoScroll, and then drag the AutoScroll command to a menu or toolbar.
Note: Make sure that the template you want to store this change in is selected in the Save In box. If it is not listed, click the down arrow of the Save In box, and then select the template you want to save this change in. If the template you want is not listed in the drop-down list, click Cancel to close the Customize dialog box, open your template, and then repeat these steps.
For additional information, see the following article or articles in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:191178 WD2000: How to Create Custom Toolbars and Toolbar Buttons
- Click Close to close the Customize dialog box.
- Close your active documents or templates. If you are prompted to save the changes, be sure to answer Yes. If you answer No, the addition of the AutoScroll command to your menu or toolbar will be lost. When you quit Word, if you are prompted to save your global template, be sure to answer Yes.
Article ID: 197676 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 10:03:16 - Revision: 1.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB197676