WD97: Find Record in Database Loses Track of the Record Number
This article was previously published under Q198309
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In a data document, when you search a data list using the Find feature inthe Data Form dialog box until you find a match, and then you do thefollowing:
- Search for the next match until there are no more matches found
- From the Data Form dialog box, click to view the next record,the record number advances, but the field data is not updated to reflectthe change.
To use the Find feature with a database, click Data Form on the Databasetoolbar, and click the Find button.
This problem occurs when the last match found is the next to the lastrecord in your data list.
To work around this problem, after clicking to view the next record, doeither of the following:
- Move back one record and then move forward to update the display.
- Click the Next Record button again to update the display.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 198309 - Last Review: 10/11/2013 18:18:27 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbmerge kbpending KB198309