SBS 2008 | Configure Server backup | The wizard cannot retrieve backup settings
=> When you run the Configure Server Backup wizard from the SBS Console, you may receive the following error message:-
Configure Server Backup
The wizard cannot retrieve backup settings
An unknown problem is preventing the wizard from retrieving backup settings. Please try again. If this problem persists, contact the person or company who provides you with technical support.
=> The SBCW.log under "C:\Program files\Windows Small Business Server\Logs" will show the following error:-
 090730.160907.7146: General: Initializing...C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\SBCW.exe
 090730.160911.5056: Storage: Found valid target disk: DiskName=USB Device, DiskId=96f7fc2a-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
 090730.160911.5368: Storage: Found valid source volume: VolumeLabel=, MountPath=C:
 090730.160911.5368: Storage: Found valid source volume: VolumeLabel=New Volume, MountPath=E:
 090730.160911.5368: Storage: Terminating error in Get-WBPolicy: Microsoft.SnapIns.Backup.UI.Proxy.BlockLevelBackupException: Scheduler::GetRegisteredTaskInfo failed due to error: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with, (0x80041321).
1. Go to C:\windows\system32\tasks\microsoft\windows\backup, take a backup of Microsoft-Windows-WindowsBackup file and then delete it.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2. Open registry editor.
- In Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Navigate to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Schedule/TaskCache/Tree/Microsoft/Windows/Backup.
4. Backup the key Microsoft-Windows-WindowsBackup and then delete it.
5. Rerun Configure Server Backup wizard in the SBS console.
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2001010 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 09/23/2009 18:06:00 - Αναθεώρηση: 6.0