OFF2000: Office Binder Crashes When Closing Print Preview
This article was previously published under Q200363
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you close Print Preview
in Microsoft Office Binder, you may receive thefollowing error message:
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
If you click Details
, an error message similar to the following appears:
EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at <memoryaddress>.
When you click Close
, the Microsoft Excel section disappears and the frameof the Office Binder is blank.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You create a Excel section that contains an embedded chart in a binder file.
- The Excel section is the active section in the binder.
- You view the section in Print Preview while the chart is active.
- You press ALT+TAB or use the Windows taskbar to switch between Office Binder and other programs.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Office 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain the Latest Office 2000 Service Pack
To work around this behavior, close Print Preview before you switch betweenOffice Binder and other programs.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 2.
This problem occurs only when you view a section with an embedded chart inPrint Preview. It does not occur when you view a chart sheet or anotherembedded object in Print Preview.
OFF2000 gpf ipf xlgpf watson
Article ID: 200363 - Last Review: 10/11/2013 20:37:16 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Office Binder 2000
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kboffice2000presp2fix kboffice2000sp2fix KB200363