System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 reports error 10637 when Red Hat Linux selected as the Operating System
In System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, it is possible to select Red Hat as the virtual machine 'Operating System' property for a virtual machine hosted by Hyper-V. The job, however, will show as failed with Error 10637. This can occur when creating a new virtual machine or changing this property on an existing VM. This does not affect the function or stability of the virtual machine itself. This property is found on the General tab of the virtual machine properties dialog.
- Error (10637)
- The virtualization software on host server.contoso.com does not support the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system.
- Recommended Action
- Specify a host with different virtualization software and then try the operation again.
A database entry that identifies the list of supported virtual machine operating systems per hypervisor requires an update.
where Name like 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5%'
Note: The following actions will be unavailable for Red Hat based virtual machines in SCVMM following this update:
- Shut down of the guest operating system from the SCVMM Administrator Console
- Detection and display of the VM Additions and their version for a virtual machine in the SCVMM Administrator Console and with Windows PowerShell
- Display of the computer name of the guest operating system
Article ID: 2022557 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 07:36:16 - Revision: 7.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive KB2022557