Update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server: July 2010
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
- 981415 An Invalid Chat Room URI exception is generated in an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server SDK-based application
- 981445 Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server takes a long time to process changes
- 981446 Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server cannot log some PART or JOIN events if an abnormal drop from Group Chat Server occurs
- 981448 Active Directory processing changes takes a long time on an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server
- 979105 A synchronization operation between the Active Directory directory service and Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server fails
- 979106 Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server does not apply the correct group membership for some users
- 972951 A compliance server reports incomplete or inaccurate information about user JOIN and PART events in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server
- 972944 You may experience performance issues on a channel server in Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Channel Server
- 973384 The Group Chat service does not work after you restart a computer that is running Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server
- 973385 Users in a secured organizational unit (OU) named "Blocking Inheritance" cannot use the Group Chat Admin Tool
- 973386 A compliance XML output file is not generated by a compliance server in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: July 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesPlease make sure that the following services are running before you install the update:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server - Lookup Service / Channel Service
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Compliance Server - Compliance Service
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Replacement informationThis update of build 3.5.6907.206 is a refresh build that replaced previously-released build 3.5.6907.200 in May 2010.
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationInstall this update to Office Communications Server R2 Group Chat Server
- Make sure Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 R2 Group Chat servers are installed, configured and functioning correctly. OCS 2007 R2 Group Chat servers include Channel Server, Lookup Server and Compliance Server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all of the computers that are in any of the Group Chat Server roles.
- On the Chat server, start the Server Config Tool as follows:
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Server Config Tool
- File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes. The Group Chat servers installed on this computer require an upgrade to QFE1. You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all group chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service and restart the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance Server service.
Only the MSI update files (.msp files) without a complete installer are released in the update package. After you upgraded all OCS 2007 R2 Group Chat servers to this update, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server into the existing pool:
- Set up OCS 2007 R2 Group Chat Server (Channel Server and Lookup Server) on a new database by using the same service accounts as the existing pool. Refer to OCS 2007 R2 deployment documentation for more information about how to set up OCS 2007 R2 Group Chat server.
- Upgrade to the new OCS R2 Group Chat installation.
- Stop both the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers to point to the Group Chat database pool.
<driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /i
Note All Services start automatically after the servers are reconfigured.
Removal informationAfter you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel Service and the Lookup Service will not start. You may receive the following error in the event log.
Event ID 6407
Description : The Server is not compatible with the database at server=<yoursqlservername>;Database=<databasename>;Integrated Security=SSPI
This update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 2032881 - Last Review: 07/22/2010 22:11:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter atdownload kbhotfixrollup KB2032881