FP2000: Database Connection Undefined After Publishing Web
This article was previously published under Q204152
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you publish a web that contains a database connection, the following error message may appear:
Database Results Error
The database connection named "Database1" is undefined.
This problem can occur if any of the following is true:
- The connection has been removed from the web.
- The file "Global.asa" is missing or contains errors.
- The root folder does not have Scripting permissions enabled.
- The web is not marked as an application root.
When you publish, the destination web is not automatically marked as an application root.
To correct this problem, you must re-verify the database connection.
To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Web Settings.
- On the Database tab, click the database connection, then click Verify.
This verifies the connection to the database and marks the web as an application root.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
database DSN front page fpodbc fp2k fp2000
Article ID: 204152 - Last Review: 10/11/2013 21:58:10 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbpending KB204152