How to install FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions for Internet Information Server
For a Microsoft FrontPage 98 version of this article, see 194103.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 97 and earlier version of this article, see 156842.
This article describes how to install the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions for Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS). Before you follow the steps in this article, you should do the following:
- Ensure that Internet Information Server (IIS) is functioning correctly and running.
- Download the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions from the following Microsoft Web site:
To install the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions for the Microsoft Internet Information Server, double-click the executable file that you downloaded from the Microsoft Web site, and follow the prompts. The FrontPage Server Extensions will be configured for your default Web site only.
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Click Start, point to Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, point to Microsoft Internet Information Server, and then click Internet Services Manager.
- Click Console, and then click Add/Remove Snap-In.
- Click the Extensions tab. The FrontPage Server Extensions check box should be selected. If the FrontPage Server Extensions check box is not selected, select it.
- Click OK, and return to the Internet Services Manager main window.
- Right-click the name of your Web site, select Tasks (or All Tasks), and then select Configure Server Extensions. The Server Extensions Configuration Wizard opens. Click Next.
- In the Create Windows Groups box, you can choose to have Administer, Author, and Browser groups created for you. When you are finished, click Next.
- Type the name of the user or group that will be the web administrator, and then click Next.
- In the Mail Server settings box, you can choose to configure your mail server settings. When you are finished, click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation of the FrontPage Server Extensions. The FrontPage Server Extensions are now installed on the default Web site.
- For additional administrative options, right-click Default Web Site, and then click Tasks (or All Tasks).
Microsoft Windows 2000
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Internet Services Manager.
- Click the plus sign next to your server's name.
- Right-click Default Web Site, point to All Tasks, and then click Configure Server Extensions.
- Click Next in the Server Extensions Configuration Wizard.
- If you are prompted with the following message Your web server's configuration will allow anyone to author pages on your web server once the extensions are installed. To fix this, stop installing the extensions now, reconfigure IIS to use an NTFS partition and then use the FrontPage server administrator tool to install the extensions. Are you sure that you want to install the extensions?click No. At this point, you must configure the partition where Internet Information Server resides to be NTFS, rather than FAT or FAT32.
- Configure the Mail Server settings by using the information that is appropriate for your network, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
front page FPSE FP2000 IIS
Article ID: 205696 - Last Review: 06/22/2014 19:42:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbwebservices kbwebserver kbsetup kbinfo KB205696