This article describes how to install the FrontPage 2000
Server Extensions for Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS). Before you
follow the steps in this article, you should do the following:
- Ensure that Internet Information Server (IIS) is
functioning correctly and running.
- Download the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions from the
following Microsoft Web site:
The extensions are stored in a self-extracting, self-executing
To install the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions for the
Microsoft Internet Information Server, double-click the executable file that
you downloaded from the Microsoft Web site, and follow the prompts. The
FrontPage Server Extensions will be configured for your default Web site only.
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Click Start, point to Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, point to Microsoft Internet Information Server, and then click Internet Services Manager.
- Click Console, and then click Add/Remove Snap-In.
- Click the Extensions tab. The FrontPage Server Extensions check box should be selected. If the FrontPage Server Extensions check box is not selected, select it.
- Click OK, and return to the Internet Services Manager main
- Right-click the name of your Web site, select Tasks (or All Tasks), and then select Configure Server Extensions. The Server Extensions Configuration Wizard opens. Click Next.
- In the Create Windows Groups box, you can choose to have Administer, Author, and Browser
groups created for you. When you are finished, click Next.
- Type the name of the user or group that will be the web
administrator, and then click Next.
- In the Mail Server settings box, you can choose to configure your mail server
settings. When you are finished, click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation of the FrontPage Server Extensions.
The FrontPage Server Extensions are now installed on the default Web
- For additional administrative options, right-click Default Web Site, and then click Tasks (or All Tasks).
Microsoft Windows 2000
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Internet Services Manager.
- Click the plus sign next to your server's name.
- Right-click Default Web Site, point to All Tasks, and then click Configure Server Extensions.
- Click Next in the Server Extensions Configuration Wizard.
- If you are prompted with the following message
click No. At this point, you must configure the partition where Internet
Information Server resides to be NTFS, rather than FAT or FAT32.
Your web server's configuration will allow anyone to
author pages on your web server once the extensions are installed. To fix this,
stop installing the extensions now, reconfigure IIS to use an NTFS partition
and then use the FrontPage server administrator tool to install the extensions.
Are you sure that you want to install the extensions?
- Configure the Mail Server settings by using the information that is appropriate for your
network, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
For complete information about the use and administration of
the FrontPage Server Extensions, please browse to the FrontPage Server
Extensions Resource Kit Web site:
Article ID: 205696 - Last Review: June 22, 2014 - Revision: 3.0
|kbwebservices kbwebserver kbsetup kbinfo KB205696|