FIX: Project Settings Not Updated for All Projects
This article was previously published under Q206665
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The following problem can occur when multiple developers are workingwith a Visual C++ workspace, under Source Control, containing multipleprojects.
The Get Latest Version command from the Visual SourceSafe menu doesn't refresh all the projects in the workspace even though their settings have changed.
The solution is to close the workspace and re-open it after doing theGet Latest Version.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This bug was corrected in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3.
For more information about Visual Studio service packs, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
194022 INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs, What, Where, Why
194295 HOWTO: Tell That Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs Are Installed
When one user changes the project settings on multiple projects andother users have this workspace open already, they can issue aGet Latest Version from the Visual SourceSafe menu and refresh all the local files on their system. Not all the projects may be reloaded, and they will not have the changes reflected in the IDE.
Closing and re-opening the project will reload all the information fromthe files for each project.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create a Visual C++ project and add a second project to the workspace.
- Add the workspace to Visual SourceSafe.
- Go to a second computer and attach to this project. From File menu, select Open Workspace, and click the Source Control button.
- Check out the project files and change the project settings for both projects on one of the computers.
- Check the files back in.
- On the other computer, with nothing highlighted in the FileView, select the Project menu, select Source Control and Get Latest Version. Next, select all files.
- Look at the settings on the second computer and notice how they didn't get updated.
- Closing and re-opening the project will refresh the settings to be what they were changed to on the first computer.
Article ID: 206665 - Last Review: 02/21/2014 00:31:43 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual C++, 32-bit Learning Edition 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbinterop kbvs600sp3fix KB206665