ACC2000: How to Remove the Menu Bar from a Form
This article was previously published under Q209530
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
This article describes a simple way to remove the menu bar from a form.
To remove the menu bar, type =1 (or any Visual Basic function that evaluates to a numeric result) in the MenuBar property of the form.
Entering =1 causes Microsoft Access to evaluate the property. Becausethere is nothing to place in the menu bar, the menu bar is not displayed.
To remove a menu bar, follow these steps:
- Open the form for which you want to remove a menu bar, and on the View menu, click Design View.
- If the property sheet is not already visible, click Properties on the View menu.
- In the property sheet of the form, click the Other tab.
- In the MenuBar property box, type =1.
- On the View menu, click Form View.
Note that the menu bar is not present.
Article ID: 209530 - Last Review: 01/10/2015 11:44:35 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinfo KB209530