StreamInsight 1.0 updates that are released together with Cumulative Update package 2 for SQL Server 2008 R2
For more information about Cumulative Update package 2 for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The ClipEventDuration APIThis new method is added to the CepStream class. This method provides an additional way to change the duration of an event. Instead of the existing lifetime modification operators, the ClipEventDuration method enables you to use a secondary stream to determine where to clip the duration of events in the primary stream.
Support for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 developmentAll StreamInsight assemblies and the StreamInsight host (StreamInsightHost.exe) are compiled by using the .NET Framework 3.5. However, you can develop StreamInsight applications by using the .NET Framework 3.5 or the .NET Framework 4.0.
For StreamInsight applications that are compiled by using the .NET Framework 4.0
- You can load adapters and user-defined extensions that are compiled with either the .NET Framework 3.5 or the .NET Framework 4.0.
- You can connect to an external StreamInsight host that is compiled with either the .NET Framework 3.5 or the .NET Framework 4.0.
- You cannot load adapters and user-defined extensions that are compiled by using the .NET Framework 4.0.
- You can connect to an external StreamInsight host that is compiled by using either the .NET Framework 3.5 or the .NET Framework 4.0.
- If you want to host .NET Framework 4.0 assemblies in .NET Framework 3.5 applications (such as StreamInsightHost), you must specify the .NET Framework 4.0 runtime in the App.config file as follows:
<?xml version="1.0"?><configuration> <startup> <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/> </startup></configuration>
Fixes for performance issuesSome performance issues that relate to the following are fixed:
- User-defined operators
- The TopK operator
- The Min aggregate
- The Max aggregate
SQL Server 2008 R2 – StreamInsight
Article ID: 2120979 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 08:45:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbfix KB2120979