How to determine the service pack level of your Office 2010 suite
- Version number of the original RTM release of Office 2010: 14.0.4763.1000
- Version number of Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1): 14.0.6029.1000 or later
- Version number of Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2): 14.0.7015.1000 or later
Here's where to look:
- In Control Panel, open the Programs and Features item.
- Scroll down until you see Office 2010, and then look in the Version column.
The version in this screen shot represents Office 2010 SP1.
- Verify the version in the properties of the executable file. Public updates and hotfixes other than service packs don't change the version of the installed product. To verify the version of the executable or another core file for an application, you can view the properties of a file.
Note If a software update does not include an updated version of the program’s executable file, view the documentation that's provided with the update to determine which files have been updated. Then, check the versions of the updated files.
By default, the Office 2010 programs are located in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
By default, the Mso.dll file is located in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14
The original release and service packs of the Office 2010 programs have the following executable file names and version numbers:
2010 Office product name File name Original version Service Pack 1 (SP1) Microsoft Office 2010 MSO.dll 14.0.4760.1000 14.0.6023.1000 Microsoft Access 2010 MSACCESS.exe 14.0.4750.1000 14.0.6024.1000 Microsoft Excel 2010 EXCEL.exe 14.0.4756.1000 14.0.6024.1000 Microsoft InfoPath 2010 INFOPATH.exe 14.0.4763.1000 14.0.6009.1000 Microsoft OneNote 2010 ONENOTE.exe 14.0.4763.1000 14.0.6022.1000 Microsoft Outlook 2010 OUTLOOK.exe 14.0.4760.1000 14.0.6025.1000 Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 POWERPNT.exe 14.0.4754.1000 14.0.6026.1000 Microsoft Project 2010 WINPROJ.exe 14.0.4751.1000 14.0.6023.1000 Microsoft Publisher 2010 MSPUB.exe 14.0.4750.1000 14.0.6026.1000 Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 SPDESIGN.exe 14.0.4750.1000 Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 GROOVE.exe 14.0.4761.1000 126.96.36.19909 Microsoft Word 2010 WINWORD.exe 14.0.4762.1000 14.0.6024.1000 Microsoft Visio 2010 VISLIB.dll 14.0.4756.1000 14.0.6022.1000
Use the "About Microsoft <ProgramName>" dialog boxThe About Microsoft ProgramName> dialog box displays following:
- The name of the program
- The version number of the program
For example, when you view the About Microsoft Office Excel dialog box in the release version of Excel 2010, the following information is displayed:
About Microsoft Excel
Version: 14.0.4760.1000 (32-bit)
To locate the About Microsoft <ProgramName> dialog box in Office 2010, click Help on the File menu. Click Additional Version and Copyright Information if you want to see what service pack level is applied to the application.
- You may apply a hotfix or a public update that contains fixes that are provided in the latest service pack. The fixes may also update the Mso.dll file.
- Not all updates change the version number that is listed in the About Microsoft ProgramName> dialog box. Therefore, you must verify the properties for the program's executable file.
Article ID: 2121559 - Last Review: 05/12/2015 07:54:00 - Revision: 7.0
- kbhowto kbexpertisebeginner KB2121559