FIX: Developer Studio Crashes While Trying to Do a Save As
This article was previously published under Q216849
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you click Save As
on the File
menu for a Utility project created in Visual InterDev 6.0 or Visual J++ 6.0, the following error message appears:
The instruction at "0x5e09ecd0" referenced memory at "0x00131000". The memory could not be "read".
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This bug was corrected in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3. For more information about Visual Studio service packs, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Using Visual InterDev 6.0 or Visual J++ 6.0, create a new Visual Studio Utility Project.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
Article ID: 216849 - Last Review: 10/14/2013 19:32:16 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual J++ 6.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbvs600sp3fix KB216849