FIX: Assert in Winocc.cpp, Line 331
This article was previously published under Q216850
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This problem occurs when running an application generated by the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) AppWizard in Visual C++ 6.0 with the following features:
- MFC AppWizard - Step 1: Select Single Document.
- MFC AppWizard - Step 1: Clear Document/View architecture support.
- MFC AppWizard - Step 4: Clear Docking toolbar.
- MFC AppWizard - Step 4: Clear Inital status bar.
The following error occurs after building and executing the application:
Debug Assertion Failed!
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This bug was corrected in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3. For more information about Visual Studio service packs, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs, What, Where, Why194295
HOWTO: Tell That Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs Are Installed
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- From the Visual C++ 6.0 File menu, click New.
- Select MFC AppWizard (Exe), name the project, and click OK.
- In MFC AppWizard - Step 1, select Single document and clear Document/View architecture support.
- In MFC AppWizard - Step 2, accept the default options.
- In MFC AppWizard - Step 3, accept the default options.
- In MFC AppWizard - Step 4, clear Docking toolbar and Initial status bar.
- Click Finish, and build the project.
- Run the application.
Article ID: 216850 - Last Review: 02/21/2014 00:33:41 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual C++, 32-bit Learning Edition 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbappwizard kbbug kbfix kbide kbvs600sp3fix KB216850