A child domain doesn't inherit parent domain changes in Office 365, Azure, or Intune
- Change the domain from standard to federated
- Change the domain from federated to standard
- Set domain authentication or federation configurations
- Update the domain Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) relying party trust
- Verify domain ownership
Note After the parent domain is verified and the child domain is added, you don't have to verify the child domain because it inherits the settings (verification, authentication, and federation) from its parent.
For example, you verify the corp.constoso.com domain. Later, you verify the contoso.com domain. When you verify corp.contoso.com, and ownership is proven, the namespace is created in Office 365 as a domain that's completely independent of contoso.com. Therefore, when you later verify contoso.com, any changes that are made to this new domain don't affect corp.contoso.com.
In certain cases, you may want to manage the child domain properties independent of the parent domain.
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2174324 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 12/12/2014 03:21:00 - Αναθεώρηση: 19.0
- o365 o365e o365m o365a o365022013 KB2174324