Cannot paste Excel object into HTML message
This article was previously published under Q218359
You are unable to paste a Microsoft Excel chart into the body of a Microsoft Outlook e-mail message that is formatted as HTML.
When you copy a drawing layer object to the clipboard, Excel uses the Enhanced Metafile (EMF) format on the clipboard. The HTML rendering engine used by Outlook does not support EMF.
Use a Rich Text formatted message if you want to include Excel objects. There are two ways to create an Rich Text format message.
Change the message format one message at a time
On the Actions
Menu, point to New Mail Message Using
, and then click Microsoft Outlook Rich Text
Change the default message format
- On the Tools Menu, click Options.
- On the Mail Format tab, under Send in this message format, click Microsoft Outlook Rich Text.
- Click OK.
- Create a new mail message.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
OFF2000 OL2K OL2000 OL2002 OL2003
Article ID: 218359 - Last Review: 01/24/2007 03:00:46 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition