FP2000: Submitting Form Displays Confirmation Page but Does Not Add Data to Database
This article was previously published under Q219158
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you click Submit in your Web browser on a form that is set to save to a database, you receive a form confirmation page, but no data is added to your database.
The database and form field column values have not been specified. If you do not provide this information, the data will not be added to any database connection you may have in your Web.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the page containing the form in Page view of FrontPage.
- Right-click the form, and click Form Properties.
- Click Options.
- On the Database Results tab, select a database connection to use and the database table to hold the form results.
- Click the Saved Fields tab.
- Click each form field, and click Modify. For each form field, select the column to hold the data entered in the form field.
- Click OK twice.
- Save the page.
After you click to select the Send To Database option and click OK, you will receive the following message:
This form will not work correctly since the settings are invalid.
Would you like to edit them now?"
If you click No, not all the necessary information has been specified. Although you receive a form confirmation on the page, the data will not be added to your database.
Article ID: 219158 - Last Review: 10/14/2013 19:42:18 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbpending KB219158