When you add a custom template that contains a command bar as a global template or add-in, your custom command bar (toolbar) may not be loaded.
This problem occurs when you do the following:
- You add your custom template to the \Office\Startup folder.
- You add your custom template as a global template and add-in (on the Tools menu, click Templates and Add-ins).
- When Word does not have a document open. For example, you closed all of your documents before adding your custom template as a Global Template and Add-in.
- When Word starts without opening a document. For example, when you use the /n startup switch to start Word.
For additional information about startup switches, please click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
WD2000: Word Startup (Command-Line) Switches and Their Purpose
After starting Word and adding your custom global template or add-in, click New
on the File
menu, click to select Blank Document
, and then click OK
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 220328 - Last Review: February 21, 2014 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbnofix KB220328|