A sub contact folder is still visible after you set the "PR_ATTR_HIDDEN" attribute to "True" in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- You create a sub contact folder under the Contacts folder of a mailbox that is hosted on the Exchange Server 2007server.
- You set the PR_ATTR_HIDDEN attribute of this sub contact folder to True. This hides the sub contact folder at the client-side.
- A user accesses this mailbox by using Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- The user clicks the Contacts folder.
In this scenario, the sub contact folder is visible. However, it is not visible if the user browses to other folders.Note
The sub contact folder is not visible when the user accesses the mailbox by using Microsoft Office Outlook.
This issue occurs because Exchange Server 2007 misses the PR_ATTR_HIDDEN attribute in the scenario that is described in the “Symptoms” section.
To resolve this problem, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the PR_ATTR_HIDDEN attribute, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2210042 - Last Review: 12/14/2010 12:45:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter KB2210042