FIX: Error message when you run the ProcessAdd command after you make changes to the partition on a server that is running SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services: "Internal Error: An unexpected exception occurred"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You process a partition on a server that is running Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services.
- You make a change to the partition, and this change does not mark the partition as unprocessed. For example, this may occur when you do one of the following:
- You change the data source query definition.
- You change annotations.
- You run the ProcessAdd command.
In this scenario, if you run the ProcessAdd command before you restart the computer, you receive the following error message:
Internal Error: An unexpected exception occurred.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968382 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 2 for SQL Server 2008.
We do not recommend that you change data source query definitions. Instead, we recommend that you use out-of-line bindings. For more information, see the following topic on the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website:
Article ID: 2216454 - Last Review: 12/12/2015 09:12:06 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbsurveynew kberrmsg KB2216454