Setting Up Digest Authentication for Use with Internet Information Services 5.0
In order to use Digest Authentication in Windows 2000, the server must have access to an Active Directory Server that is set up for Digest Authentication. For information, please refer to the following IIS documentation:
If the server is already a Directory Server, perform the following steps:
- Open the Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Open the domain that you want to administer.
- Double-click the user name that you want to use with Digest Authentication.
- In Account Options, select Store password using reversible encryption.
- Click OK.
- Reset the user's password now in order for the encryption to take place. To reset the user's password, right-click the user name in the directory and click Reset Password.
- Click OK.
- Open Internet Services Manager.
- Expand the Web server that you want to make the change in, and then open the Web site's properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Under Anonymous Access and Authentication Control, click Edit.
- Select Digest Authentication from the list, and then click OK.
Article ID: 222028 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 13:22:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB222028