ActiMates: High-Pitched Humming Noise in Audio
This article was previously published under Q222665
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the Microsoft ActiMates Interactive Teletubbies with theMicrosoft ActiMates TV Pack, you may hear a high-pitched humming noise inthe audio.
This behavior can occur if the ActiMates TV Pack transmitter creates RadioFrequency (RF) interference with your VCR.
You may be able to resolve this issue by using any of the followingmethods:
- Move the ActiMates TV Pack transmitter further away from the TV andVCR.
- Connect the ActiMates TV Pack transmitter to the Video Out jack onyour TV.
- If your TV and VCR audio is connected to a stereo receiver oramplifier, verify that all components are properly grounded.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This behavior occurs with a limited number of VCR makes and models.
kbimu actimates acti- mates buzz sounds noises ri nging 1.00 2.00
Article ID: 222665 - Last Review: 01/07/2015 09:39:08 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft ActiMates Interactive Teletubbies
- Microsoft ActiMates TV Pack
- Microsoft ActiMates TV Pack 2
- Microsoft ActiMates TV Pack 3
- Microsoft ActiMates Interactive Arthur
- Microsoft ActiMates Interactive Barney
- Microsoft ActiMates Interactive D.W.
- ActiMates Software Sampler 1.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbbug kbhardware kbpending kbsound KB222665